Saturday, January 7, 2012

Black Forest Sprints (Germany)


I was back racing today after a long three week break since my last race in Rogla. I spent Christmas in Davos, Switzerland this year because Toronto had no snow for me to train on over the holidays.
With such a long time between races, I didn't know how my body would feel getting back into racing. The qualification was the hardest part of the day for me. It was a real lung burner, my body hadn't put in an effort like that for a while. Throughout the heats my shape came back in a hurry. I was feeling better and better as the day progressed. In the Final I opened a gap on the first big hill and kept pulling away. I crossed the line easily about 50 meters (6 seconds) ahead of second place.
With the Milano Sprint just a week away, this was a perfect warm up race for me. Tomorrow I will race the 10km skate race and then pack up the vans and drive to Munich to spend the night at the Movenpick with the Tour de Ski boys!!!

Incase you haven't seen this already, here is a video I made on Christmas day with my teammates in Davos.

1 comment:

  1. Of course, your vid is major but where is that music from?? It's wicked.

    ReplyDelete